- Open System > Administration > Software Sources
- Click Other Software tab and then click the Add button.
- Add these two lines one by one.
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/do-core/ppa/ubuntu karmic main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/do-core/ppa/ubuntu karmic main
- Click Close and then Reload. It will complain about a GPG error but we will fix that in the next steps.
- Open up a terminal and input these commands.
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 77558DD0
sudo apt-get update
- Now you can install Gnome Do with this command.
sudo apt-get install gnome-doCongratulations! You now will have the latest Gnome Do installed on your system. Now when the next release of Gnome Do happens you will get it right away instead of waiting for it to be put into mainstream.