- Download the .deb file from getdeb.net.
- Double-click on the file to start up the GDebi package installer.
- First it will tell you that you should install the one in the official channel. Nevermind the message because you are installing the latest.
- The package installer will most likely tell you that it needs to download some other packages for dependencies.
- Click on Install package and when the installer finishes you can find LiVES under Applications>Sound & Video
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Another good video editor out there is called LiVES. I wanted to test out the latest version so I went to GetDeb for the download. The website getdeb.net is maintained by a volunteer group that makes fresh .deb packages featuring some of the most used software in Ubuntu. Sometimes the Ubuntu repos can get behind and not have the latest and greatest, so this website is a great companion when you need or want to have the latest version of certain software. So here are the steps: